1. The Hooligans (@BeardedBullys Devin & Mason Cutter)-What a way to finish the year for one of the most consistently ranked tag teams throughout 2014. They went up to JCW and knocked off The Ring Rydas over the weekend to win their 2nd JCW Tag Team Titles. 2014 has been another fantastic year for these “bearded bullies” and 2015 looks just as promising. Don’t forget. The 5 Time Tag Team Top 5 #1’s will be joining us on 12/30 for the 1st Annual Tag Team Top 50 Reveal. Tune in on 12/30 to find out where the masters of the “fat, flippy style” ended up in the year-end rankings. #2 in the online voting competition with 34 votes.
2. Amazing Red & Crimson-The HOG Tag Team Champions received a very high ranking at just the right time…as the year comes to a close. If you didn’t know, this was the last week of eligibility for the Tag Team Top 50 for 2014. That means that next week’s rankings will count towards 2015. That being said, Red & Crimson defeated the 8 Time former #1’s Juicy Product on 12/19 to retain their titles and to show everyone that they are force to be reckoned with heading into 2015. Will this strong ranking to end the year be enough to slide them into the Tag Team Top 50? Tune in on 12/30 to find out for yourself!
3. McKenzie Brothers (Bodhi & Byron McKenzie)-Weird week of voting for last week’s People’s Champs and #4 tag team. After winning the online voting competition last week, they got ZERO votes this week. Strange swing, BUT, that being said, the official voters came through for them this week. Sexasaurus Rex (Jayceratops & Twitchadochus) at SHWA on 12/20, then teamed with Del Cano and El Jim Bob to beat Crimson Lightning, “Big Gun” Samuel Colt & Sexasaurus Rex in an eight-man battle the same night to go 2-0 for the week. After winning 5 straight, they’ve quite possibly made a case for themselves to be in the Tag Team Top 50. With this list being ABSOLUTELY STACKED, will this Australian tag team find their way in?
4. Tryout Show Rejects (John Wayne Murdoch & Reed Bentley)-As the name indicates, this tag team were just a couple of “tryout show rejects” before getting their breaks on the indies…and now they’re making the most of it. After defeating the former 12 Time People’s Champs/Multiple Time #1’s (Team IOU) at CCW on 12/20, they secured their first ranking as a team this week. While it won’t be enough to lift them into the Tag Team Top 50, it will definitely give them momentum heading into 2015.
5. Anthony Gangone & Joey Janela-Big week for the HOG Tag Team Division. After defeating The Highspot Heroes and Herbal Affairs (Jimi Blaze & Rembrandt Lewis) and The Safari Zone (Andy Lee Ray & Panda Man) on 12/19 in a #1 Contenders Match at HOG, this tag team not only became number one contenders, they secured their first ranking as a tag team. With a title shot upcoming in 2015, it’s quite possible that you’ll be seeing more of them in the Tag Team Top 5 next year.
People’s Champs. Tessa Blanchard (@teamTblanchard) & Chris Payne (@HouseOfCPayne)-After a win vs. Craig Steele and Vanity at PWS over the weekend, the people have spoken and Tessa Blanchard & Chris Payne are YOUR People’s Champs after collecting 60 votes to edge out The Hooligans and win the online voting competition. For Tessa, this is her 2nd People’s Champ(s) award as she previously won one in singles.
Others missing out/receiving votes:
Jackson & Finau
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): https://indypowerrankingsipr.wordpress.com/
Our Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings
Also search “Indy Power Rankings” for our open Facebook group where anyone on the indies can promote their various merchandise, fan pages, and upcoming events
Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Our Instagram where we SPOIL the Indy Power Rankings/Tag Team Top 5 #1 every Monday and Tuesday Night before you’ll see it anywhere else: @IndyPowerRankings
You can listen to the IPR Live here (this week’s guests are Ace Perry & Joseph Schwartz): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weeklywrestlingpodcast
Check out the Indy Power Rankings Reveal on Filling the Void with special promotion from Generation Next Wrestling: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/12/23/indy-power-rankings-weekly-reveal
Give Strong Style Wrestling (@StrongStyleWres) a follow on Twitter and help them get to 2,000 followers!
The 2nd Annual IPR 100 takes place on 12/29, 12/30, & 12/31 from 9 PM to 11 PM EST on Weekly Wrestling Podcast! The 1st Annual Tag Team Top 50 takes place on 12/30 on Filling the Void Radio Network from 3 PM to 5 PM EST! Don’t miss these huge shows!! RSVP on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/401144213367811/
Here are the IPR 100 Links:
Night 1 (12/29 from 9 PM to 11 PM EST): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weeklywrestlingpodcast/2014/12/30/ipr100-2014–night-1-ft-jesse-amato-ron-mathis-hudson-envy-more
Night 2 (12/30 from 9 PM to 11 PM EST):
Night 3 (12/31 from 9 PM to 11 PM EST):
Here is the Tag Team Top 50 link:
12/30 from 3 PM to 5 PM EST: