Indy Power Rankings for the Week of November 3rd, 2014
1. El Ligero (@Ligero1)-This has been a very long time coming! Not just the #1 ranking for El Ligero, but a high ranking, in general. There were a lot of close calls over the last few months that had him sitting in a lot of ballots at #1, but inevitably a loss on a Sunday would drop him down. This week he took it out of the hands of fate and just swept the week completely. The GPW British Champion/NGW Heavyweight Champion/PBW Heavyweight Champion/NEWS British Champion/SWE Champion/one half of Infinite Promotions Tag Team Champions defeated Robbie Dynamite at ASW on 10/27, then defeated him in a Ladder Match on 10/28 & 10/29. He then beat Mad Man Manson at PCW on 10/31 and then beat Rampage Brown to retain the PBW Heavyweight Title on 11/1 then beat defeated Damian Dunne, Ryan Smile & Chris Ridgeway in a Fatal Four Way at PAID Promotions on 11/2 to rattle off his 7th straight win. Well-deserved #1 for one of the best in the UK (Mexico?) and the world! #6 in the online poll.
2. Ricochet (@KingRicochet)-The former EIGHT time #1 had a very solid shot at his 9th #1 ranking this week, but it wasn’t to be. That being said, he still had a spectacular weekend after he took he defeated Low Ki to retain his HOG Title on 11/1 and then beat Josh Alexander to retain his DGUSA Open the Freedom Gate Title on 11/2. His win over Low-Ki was particularly impressive as it’s rare that Low-Ki drops a singles encounter on the indies, but Ricochet is a obviously notch about most talent on the indies. It’s now onto China for the man who is looking to end the year at #1 in the IPR 100. Time will tell if he can leave China with the DGUSA Open the Freedom Gate Title still in his possession.
3. Heidi Lovelace (@VintageHeidi)-The AAW Heritage Champion took her momentum from her recent title win to WIF! where she moved onto the Finals of the Young Lions Cup 2014 by defeating Eddie Smooth in Round #1 on 11/1 and then defeated Arctic Rescue Ant, Joe Black, Kimber Lee, The Proletariat Boar of Moldova, and Will Ferrara in the 6 Way Elimination Semi-Final the same night. She has been wrestling absolutely all over the U.S. throughout 2014 and yet this is her highest ranking to date. She has definitely proven that she can’t just compete with men, she can’t compel versus them. Tied for #8 in the online poll.
4. Damo O’Connor (@BigBeardDamo)-This is the first time this rising star in the UK has been ranked in the Top 10 and it’s definitely deserved after beating Sam Nayler, then Doug Williams, Jimmy Havoc, and Martin Stone in the tournament final on 10/31 to become the NEW XWA British Heavyweight Champion. He then beat Martin Stone & Paul London in a 3 Way on 11/1 to retain the title. Pretty impressive weekend for a first-timer to the Indy Power Rankings, but with a weekend like that, it’s most definitely a solid ground to build on.
5. Kenny Williams (@KennyWilliamsUK)-This is NOT his first time in the Top 10, but he did miss out last week despite a solid weekend. This time he gets back in with a very impressive weekend as the ICW Zero-G Champion defeated Lion Thomson, Lou King Sharp, Martin Kirby, Sean Maxer Brennan, and Stevie Xaier at PBW on 11/1, and then he beat Big Damo, Kid Fite, & Joe Hendry in a Four Way on 11/2 to retain the ICW Zero-G Title. With 4 straight wins and counting, he’s most definitely on a roll right now.
6. Jake Crist-Last week’s #1 falls a bit this week but not due to a loss. He did pick up a win at Rockstar Pro on 10/29 vs. Big Jim Hutchinson to continue his impressive win streak. We were not aware of any matches over the weekend for ½ of the CZW & D1W Tag Team Champions so his ranking is reflective of that based on the one win and us not knowing if we had any other shows. That being said, his #1 status alone was easily enough to warrant another Top 10 ranking this week after picking up yet another win. It’s been one hell of a 2014 for someone who is thought of as a tag team specialist, but can tear it up any time in singles.
7. Drew Galloway (@TheDrewMcIntyre)-The EVOLVE Champion added some more gold to his collection over the weekend when he defeated Jack Jester on 11/2 to win the ICW Heavyweight Title. This was a HUGE win as many have tried, but few have been able to knock off Jester in the last few months, much less dethrone him as champion. With Galloway now having 2 titles around his waist since his departure from the WWE, it will be interesting to see just how much more success he will have on the indies going forward.
8. Nikki Storm (@NikkiStorm1)-The Pro Wrestling: EVE Champion beat Kay Lee Ray on 10/31 to retain the title at XWA and then followed that up with a victory vs. Pollyanna to again retain the title at XWA on 11/1. These two title defenses were enough to sneak her back into the Top 10 again on a week that quite frankly, was filled with a lot of turmoil and parity. Regardless of that fact, it was a very good weekend for one of the best female wrestlers in the entire world, making it 2 ladies ranked in the Top 10 this week.
9. Kongo Kong/Osyris (@RealKongoKong)-“The Monsta” falls a bit from his #2 spot from last week, but much like Jake Crist, it was just due to his one win vs. many others with multiple wins. The IWA Mid-South World Champion defeated William Jacobs at Stateline Pro Wrestling in Rockford, IL over the weekend to continue his domination in singles, but now it’s on to a HUGE challenge this week as he takes on John Wayne Murdoch at IWA Mid-South on 11/6. Can the man that several of the voters call “the baddest man on the planet” knock off Murdoch again and continue his dominant title reign at “What If?” #10 in the online poll.
10. Keiji Muto (@muto_keiji)-Some might call this ranking a lifetime achievement award for the former Great Muta as he gets his first-ever ranking in the Top 10, but if you look at his victory, you’ll see that it’s more than just his reputation that got him in this week. On 11/1 he defeated Masayuki Kono for the Wrestle-1 Title to add to his vast collection of titles he has won over the years. Undoubtedly people may argue that Wrestle-1 is not an indy, but we would argue that they MAY be true, but Muto is an independent contractor and thus, an independent wrestler who can offer his services to almost any independent wrestling company (for the right price of course). Good to see one of the best of all time in the Top 10 for the first time.
1st Honorable Mention.Sozio (@Mr_Sozio)-Chalk this up as the 2nd honorable mention over the last several weeks as the CZW World Champion retained the title vs. Biff Busick on 11/1 in a No-Rope Barbed Wire Match. Like several others, his one match vs. others with multiple matches was a tough sell to the official voters.
2nd Honorable Mention. Shane Strickland (@StricklandShane)-Very big victory for “Swerve” over the weekend as he retained the CZW Wired Title vs. David Starr on 11/1 but it wasn’t quite enough to get him into the Top 10 again.
3rd Honorable Mention. Karsten Beck (@thebeckstasy)–After being ranked the last several weeks, his 2 wins over Absolute Andy were good, but not quite enough to push him into the Top 10 once again. He stays on the radar going forward, however, as he still isn’t losing matches, despite barely falling out of the Top 10 this week. #7 in the online poll.
People’s Champ. AC Riley (@ACRileyWI)-After wins at RCCW on 10/31 and NAW on 11/1, he went into the voting competition and absolutely dominated until the last few hours where Levi McDaniel made a late run. He finished the online voting competition with a big victory, receiving 159 votes.
Others missing out/receiving votes:
Josef Von Schmidt-#5 in the online poll
El Patron Alberto
Lucky Kid-#4 in the online poll with 21 votes
Levi McDaniel-#2 in the online poll with 117 votes
Troy Miller-#3 in the online poll with 43 votes
Tyler Bate-Tied for #8 in the online poll
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): https://indypowerrankingsipr.wordpress.com/
Our Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings
Also search “Indy Power Rankings” for our open Facebook group where anyone on the indies can promote their various merchandise, fan pages, and upcoming events
Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Our Instagram where we SPOIL the Indy Power Rankings/Tag Team Top 5 #1 every Monday and Tuesday Night before you’ll see it anywhere else: @IndyPowerRankings
You can listen to the IPR Live here (this week’s guests are Leva Bates & Tessa Blanchard): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weeklywrestlingpodcast
Check out the Indy Power Rankings Reveal on Filling the Void with special guests, F1rst Generation: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/11/04/indy-power-rankings-weekly-reveal
Give Strong Style Wrestling (@StrongStyleWres) and The Hooligans (@BeardedBullys) a follow on Twitter and help them get to 2,000 followers!