Tag Team Top 5 for the Week of October 13th, 2014
1. Joseph Schwartz (@HammerSchwartz) & Chuck Stein-This was honestly a shocker. Going into the weekend, it seemed that The Hystars or Hooligans would walk out as the PWAS Detroit Tag Team Champions, but after winning a 3 Way Tag Team Elimination Match vs. The Viking War Party and Nate & Wellington, they got put into the Tag Team Title Match that night. They then outlasted both the Hystars and The Hooligans to earn the titles and their first ever #1 ranking. In fact, it’s their first ranking as a team! Congratulations to a team that shocked everyone. Now let’s see how they build on this success. #2 in the online poll with 21 votes.
2. Paul London (@LondonFu) & Brian Kendrick-The ICW Tag Team Champions make their 2nd straight appearance in the Tag Team Top 5 after retaining the titles vs. The Sumerian Death Squad (a former #2 themselves) on 10/12. The former WWE Tag Team Champions have started making an impact at the most crucial point of the year as we are heading into the home stretch and the inevitable Tag Team Top 50. 2 straight weeks in the Tag Team Top 5 will undoubtedly help their spot when the end of the year rolls around, but with that being said, there’s still more time to build on what they’ve started. Tied for #3 in the online poll.
3. Black Hollywood (Ray Smith & Shawn Edwards)-It was an AMAZING weekend for them as they won the John J. Iradi Memorial Tournament on 10/12, defeating 3 teams, including last week and this week’s #4 F1rst Generation in the Finals. This is their first time in the Top 5 and with this type of success, it may not be their last. They have some work to do before the end of the year if they want to find their way into the Tag Team Top 50, but a #3 ranking is a great place to start. We look forward to seeing what the rest of 2014 brings for them.
4. People’s Champs. F1rst Generation (James Anthony @87JamesAnthony & Victor Andrews @Im_MrEverything)-We said it last week and we’ll say it again, there are very few teams more popular or hungry as this young duo. They have been absolutely grinding over the last few months and it’s really starting to pay off for them. While they did lose in the finals of the John J. Iradi Memorial Tournament, it was enough to get them a nod from the official voters, as well as their FOURTH win in the online voting competition with a strong showing at 94 votes.
5. reDRagon (Kyle O’Reilly @ROHOReilly & Bobby Fish @TheBobbyFish)-The former 4 time #1’s looked like a lock for the #1 spot for a 5th time this week, but suffered a DQ loss vs. Moose & Uhaa Nation at High Risk Wrestling on 10/12, which detoured them a bit after they beat Jay Lethal & Truth Martini at ROH on 10/9 and then got credited with the win at Champions vs. All Stars on 10/11. Solid week, but nowhere near their best one. That being said, the ROH World Tag Team Champions are ALWAYS in contention for the top spot with the prestige of their titles and usual strength of competition.
Others receiving votes:
Hot and Spicy
Honey Badger & Brannigan
Vera & SoCal Crazy-Tied for #3 in the online poll
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): https://indypowerrankingsipr.wordpress.com/ Our Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings Also search “Indy Power Rankings” for our open Facebook group where anyone on the indies can promote their various merchandise, fan pages, and upcoming events Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin Our Instagram: @IndyPowerRankings You can listen to the IPR Live here (this week’s guests are “Mean” Mitch Page & Harry Palmer): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weeklywrestlingpodcast/2014/10/15/indypowerrankingslive-w-mitch-page-harry-palmer Check out our 8th show on Filling the Void with special guest, Madman Pondo: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/10/14/indy-power-rankings-weekly-reveal Check out our Indy Power Rankings OFFICIAL Interview with Yamamoto fka Yoshi Tatsu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKgvk3F5II&feature=youtu.be What happens when wrestlers miss out on the Indy Power Rankings? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13mBtGLIQLQ&feature=youtu.be